Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Is my 2nd Data Processor in use?

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a multi server achitecture with 2 BSM DP's and 2 GW's.

I do not have either DP set as a backup server and there are no assignments showing on DP2.

I would assume that DP2 is simply not being used however I have been told that DP2 might be handling requests from gateway 2 (and gateway 1 talks to DP1)

I cannot see how or where that would be configured and I am trying to find some kind of log on the DP that might show if any data is being processed by the box but I am unable to find anything useful.

Where would be the best place to confirm if a DP is processing any data?  Which logfile?

Any help would be appreciated.  I cannot find any relevant reference in any guides.

Thanks
Adam 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Asaf,

I thought that was the case,  without HA services running DP2 is completely redundant.

Thanks for your help

Adam

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
By default, the 2nd DP is just for backup (for high availability). it is not doing any work (you can see in the status page if it has any HAC Services - if not then it is not doing anything).
You can manually shift HAC services to the other DP (via jmx console) but it will not utilize better your DPs, so I dont recommend that.
I dont know who told you that GW1 is talking with DP1 and GW2 with DP2 because it is not correct.
Let me know if you need more info.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Asaf,

I thought that was the case,  without HA services running DP2 is completely redundant.

Thanks for your help

Adam

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.