Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is there a way for an EPI script to access data in the source tab of an event?

NNMi (or other) events come through to OMi.  In the source tab there is data for OIDs such as .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.712.1.1.2.1.11.0.  I want to write an EPI script to access that data.  I don't want to update the SNMP policy from NNMi because I am trying to keep it "virgin" to simplify the process of updating going forward - basically by not making changes to the policy I can rerun nnmopcexport.ovpl any time and just replace the NNMi connector policy.

So, I want to be able to access the data in the source tab - by OID, or otherwise - in an EPI script.  How do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Edward,

This is Carlos, I'm an OMi Support representative, according to BSM_Extensibility.pdf guide, EPI scripts can be used for

for modifying and enriching events (please check page 244 of Extensibility guide attached), and also for(please check page 246):

Duplicate events suppression and closing related events automatically.

Execute a script that makes changes to some text, or inserts a link to a knowledge base, and so on, before the event gets stored in the database.

Execute a script at this entry point in the event pipeline to forward events of a particular type, that have already been stored in the database, to another application. Or you could execute a script that writes specified events stored in the database to an audit log.

Best regards,

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.