Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Issue with the DB permissions provided during the OMi DB configuration

Hello,

I installed OMi 10.01 in my environment with Oracle 11g as my database.

One of the requirement in the OMI Database guide specifically mentions the below line:
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO <HP Operations Manager i Oracle user schema>

However, when the installation is completed, the DBA raised the concern that the unlimited tablespace permission was granted to the whole database instead of restricting to only my datababases (MGMT, Event, RTSM).

1.Can I get the permission revoked and have only unlimited tablespace only to my 3 databases and can still the application work properly?

2. Why is unlimited tablespace granted to the whole database.

Background:
The DBA created the tablespace and I created the 3 schemas during my OMi installation and I've used 'system' account to perform the DB configuration.

Thanks

Reddy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Reddy,

Regarding your question and I do some researches and revert back to you if found useful information.

best regards,

Minh

Regards,

Minh Nguyen | SW Technical Support Engineer.
Operations Manager i and Operations Manager
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.