Captain
Captain

Manage BSMC Policies from OMi 10

Is it possible to manage BSMC polciies from the OMi 10 servers?  I see hints of it in OMi 10 where therea re policy types that are used for BSMC.  It seems like it would make sens to have the ability to store and change the policy from the OMi servers and then deploy to the BSMC servers.  Ive had a lot of issuse with policies becoming corupt and making small changes and then not haivng a previous version to go back to if change didnt work on the BSMC servers in the past.  Any thoughts on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, it's possible and officially supported since OMi 10.01.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Where can I find the documentation for this?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The the moment, you can't manage BSMC policies via monitoring automation. 

You connect to the BSMC webserver running on the BSMC system itself, but you dont' need to leave the OMi 10 console to do this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Dimitry says you can and you say you cant.  So what is the offical answer?

I was looking through the BSMC 10.01 documentation and there is no mention of managing policies in OMi 10 for the BSM Connectior.  Still seems like you have the manage the BSMC 10 policies from the local web interface.  These seems manual and the exact oposite direction of the rest of OMi 10 that is all about automation.  If it is not supported yet, Is it being actively developed?  

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you navigate to OMi 10.01 UI under Administration > Monitoring > Policy Templates you will see various Policy Templates Groups. Expand ones for Events, Metrics and Topology and you will see "Event from ...", "Metric from ...", "Topology from ..." policy types. These are BSMC policies.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Oops.  My mistake.  It wasn't possible, but now it is.  Sorry.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.