Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Managing assigment parameters

Jump to solution

I've created a policy that has hundreds of assignment parameters. Is there a way to backup/restore(reassign) the assigment in gui or command line/web service .... (OMi 10.01)?

I guess I could backup by retrieving the xml file in datadir/datafiles, but I don't see an option for reassigment.

I currently don't use management templates, just policies. Maybe this could be achieved through monitoring automation webservice?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I know your OMi version is quite old, so you must have a reason for sticking with it.  However, I just wanted to mention that OMi 10.62 just released, which has new CLIs for policy template management.  One of them is opr-assign, which can:

Enable/disable an assignment/auto-assignment
Create, list, update, delete an assignment/auto-assignment
Change parameter values

Also useful are opr-template:

Download, upload one or multiple policy templates
List, delete policy templates
Check the syntax (policy data + parameters)

and opr-config-tool:

Show impacted aspects/MTs for a new policy template version
Update aspect/MT to use latest policy template version
Add polity template to aspect
List policy templates, aspects, and MTs, template groups, configuration folders
Add, delete policy templates from template group & aspect

CP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi maf,

Are you refering to having assigned the policy to hundreds of nodes or that the policy has hundreds of  parameters which you have set values for on the fly?

If it is a report on  policies  there is a good tool at

https://marketplace.saas.hpe.com/itom/content/policy-reporter-omi

Regards,

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks James, I'll give it a look, but it doesn't seem to be a tool to provide backup abilities for the assignment parameters.

I'd like to manage parameters from commandline -

1\ read current assignments

2\ add\modify assignments

3\ delete assignments

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Managed to come close to a solution that suits my needs. I've found that editing *_params.xml files deployed on agent in C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\datafiles\policies\monitortmpl directory and subsequently triggering "synchronize policy template assignments" re-reads the paramaters from the agent. So backing up the files for recovery should be a possibility.

Policy reporter hasn't read the parameter values. As stated elsewhere using the node option hasn't worked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I know your OMi version is quite old, so you must have a reason for sticking with it.  However, I just wanted to mention that OMi 10.62 just released, which has new CLIs for policy template management.  One of them is opr-assign, which can:

Enable/disable an assignment/auto-assignment
Create, list, update, delete an assignment/auto-assignment
Change parameter values

Also useful are opr-template:

Download, upload one or multiple policy templates
List, delete policy templates
Check the syntax (policy data + parameters)

and opr-config-tool:

Show impacted aspects/MTs for a new policy template version
Update aspect/MT to use latest policy template version
Add polity template to aspect
List policy templates, aspects, and MTs, template groups, configuration folders
Add, delete policy templates from template group & aspect

CP.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for a tip. opr-assign sounds useful. I'll surely get back to this when we eventually upgrade.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.