Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Max number of monitors in a single SIS folder

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the max number of monitors in a single folder?

For instance if I have a folder called "Servers", and I have 700 servers. Should I group them in subfolders?

Of course there could be several good reasons for grouping them, but I need to know if I have to.

BTW; I run SiS 11.23 on Windows 2008 R2.

Regards,

Dagfinn

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

There are not a max number of monitors for a single folder, you can use only one folder in your SiteScope but we recomend to have different groups and subgroup because you can set different configuration like alerts, reports, etc and this forms is easier to identify problem in your SiteScope.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

There are not a max number of monitors for a single folder, you can use only one folder in your SiteScope but we recomend to have different groups and subgroup because you can set different configuration like alerts, reports, etc and this forms is easier to identify problem in your SiteScope.

Regards.

View solution in original post

Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I think one of the strengths of SiteScope is that you can design the group structure any way you like to fit your needs.

For me, I have our instance set up with a few root folders, then by location and types of systems under them.  I only have a few alerts defined at the root level so they are easy to disable if needed, and by default, when new systems are deployed, these alerts take effect.

Just decide on what level of control you need.  Note that when you disable any group you can allow all child groups and monitors to also become disabled, which is very powerful, so it may make sense to group things like this - think how you or your users will use the dashboard/etc.

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Dasomm,

As there is no maximum number of monitors in single folder theory.the best way would be to create subfolders of different servers (sitescope gives you the freedom to do it) according to the location and have one common root folder for it, so u can easily daigonse any problem that arise.it gives u option to set alerts,
 and u can easily monitor them.

Regards,

Mandarx

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Thanks for good feedback.

regards,

Dagfinn

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.