Commander Commander
Commander

Monitor Domain or NT Accounts for Locked out status

Hi

We have recieved a request for monitor few service accounts (Windows domain NT accounts) so that they need the alert to be triggered when those accounts gets locked out. So Is there any way in sitescope where we can monitor account locked out issues?. Kindly advice.

regards

roopesh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I do not know if there is any out of box solution but this what i did in our evn.

A script monitor which runs a powershell script, here is the content of it. Response of the monitor would be true or false.

Import-Module ActiveDirectory

(get-aduser <accountname> -Properties LockedOut).lockedout

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for the response, could you please tell me can we run this script on any server or only in sitescope server or in exchange server , also please confirm us if the script should like this . (we only modified the <accountname> with complete email id as svc_oracle@xyz.com  is our service account)

Import-Module ActiveDirectory

(get-aduser svc_oracle@xyz.com -Properties LockedOut).lockedout

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.