Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Monitor running more than defined settings

SiteScope 11.41.83 64-bit JVM, Build 175

Does anybody have an issue with monitors running more than their run settings?  I have a query that runs every 30 minutes.  If it breashes the threshold, it's set to run every 5 minutes until it's green again.  My issues is sometimes it runs every five minutes as configured, but other times it runs multiple times in a row.  And the number of times is inconsistant, it can run anywhere from 4-10 times in a row.  See images of the configuration.

Do I need to decrease the idle conneciton timeout?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Eric,

This is not the expected behavior of the application. Because of this, we are not sure if this is a UI issue or something related directly with SiteScope.

Can you please share with us the daily.log file of the day when the issue happened?

Regards,

Kevin González
Customer Support Engineer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Not sure what it's going to tell you, but I copied the alert in question from the daily log for a 12 hour period.  As you can see, it's reporting a good status from midnight until 9:00 AM.  Then it runs every five minutes until the next good status, but you see a couple times it ran more than once.  Then you see the big differnce after 11:00 AM, where it runs several times at 11:30 then again at 11:45.  See attached.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

OK, I am seeing this primarily with monitors I gonfigure  with an email alert.  but the monitor run settings clearly show to only run the monitor once a day at a certain time and not to verify, yet it runs twice, sometimes three times.

image.pngimage.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Eric,

Did you find a resolution to this? It sounds very similar to an issue I am having.

THanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Nope.  It's completely random and frustrating.  Some times a monitor will run once, sometimes it will run 4-5 times in a row.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.