Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Monitoring SuSe

Dear all,

Colleagues have asked me to add a SuSe server to the monitoring.

The default Linux template or the RHEL template do not see to produce proper results.

I've dug up a post from the forums with a SuSe template, which seems to work ok for Memory but no so much for disks/load/cpu.

Is there any current version of a template/suggested way of using SuSe?

regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Try the attached template adapter. Paste the file in templates.os and rename to SuSE.config then restart SiS to be picked up. Not sure if all commans will work but is a good starting point to begin customizing. 

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Appreciate this, I'll check by tomorrow after restart.

regards
0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

C:\SiteScope\templates.os\browsable (Access is denied)
This is rather odd 🙂
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Are you trying to create a UNIX Resources Monitor? The template is for all other types of monitors, for URM SiS uses the xml files in browsable. There is no browsable file for SuSE but generic Linux may work. Follow these steps to include SuSE OS in generic Linux browsable file:

1. Edit browsable/Linux26Commands.xml.
2. In the very first line add the new id of the custom template:

<commands ostypes="Lin,Linux,Redhat"> to <commands ostypes="Lin,Linux,Redhat,SuSE">.

3. Restart your SiteScope server.

4.Test URM

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I know this is an oldie, but this helped me figure out my issue.
thanks!
-k
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.