Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Multiple LDAP support

Does SiteScope support multiple LDAP config? I have to get multi domain users to allow to login, i dont see an option for configuring multiple LDAP strategies. Is there a way to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hello

Actually this is not possible, however, try this:

"You can specify multiple LDAP service providers by entering either the hostname and/or the IP address of each LDAP service provider separated by a semicolon (";"). SiteScope reads the list of LDAP service providers and searches for the available provider from the list."

If above workaround is not helpful, then I suggest to open a case so an enhancement request could be raised.

Allan Delgado Calderon
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Actually one can provide LDAP server URL having redundancy by itself.

For instance, around Active Directory LDAP, there are many customer cases using domain name only address, rather than pointing down to the specific LDAP server out of many, then let Active Directory choose proper one.

Many LDAP distributions should have similar configurations, so please check with your LDAP administrator for further details.

Regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.