Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NIC Utilization

Does SiteScope have a way to monitor NIC Utilization percentage from a UNIX server?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I could see you want to monitor a network component, SiteScope can offer different kind of monitor like DNS, Network Bandwith, Port, Ping but we need to know what metric do you want to get.

For example with the Network Bandiwith monitor we can get the following metric

 Bytes in
 Bytes out
 Packet in
 Packets out
 Incoming discarded packets
 Outgoing discarded packets
 Incoming packets in error
 Outgoing packets in error
 Out queue length
 % bandwidth utilization

Please let us know what network component do you want to monitor in SiteScope

Regards.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

We want to know when the specific NIC on all of our servers are reaching a threshold in percentage.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Could you please let me know what command do you use in order to see this information in your Unix server?
because you can create a script and make a script monitor in SiteScope to monitor the informaiotn that you need.

Regards.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thats the million dollar question -- we don't have this command today.  I am assuming there will have to be some math to capture the percentage but I'm not sure where to start.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Will G,

Hope ur doing well,

As per ur requirement "Does SiteScope have a way to monitor NIC Utilization percentage from a UNIX server?"

You can create a script and make a script monitor in SiteScope to monitor the same,

As per the command required to do these kindly find the attachment,

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Mandarx

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

This nicstat command is a 3rd party utility which we can't manage -- we have thousands of servers.

I was hoping there was a way to calculate this percentage on our own using OS commands.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

You can run the commands provided directly from the command prompt of the OS, you only need to set up a script monitor on which those commands must be running.

Regards,

JV.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.