Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NNMi 10.x and HPOM Agent 12.0 Coexistence?

Hi

I am working in a project where we intend to upgrade a bunch of NNMi 9.1x servers on Linux to NNMi 10.x. On these same servers we also intend to install HPOM 12.0 agents, to catch messages from the NNMi servers based on opcmsg-commands executed as incident actions in NNMi. This is how they forward some of the incidents from NNMi to HPOM today.

BUT after having looked through the latest SUMA for HPOM agents today (dated 2015-10-19), I don't seem to find any information regarding supported co-existence (or integration) between the HPOM 12.0 agent ant NNMi 10. It only shows NNMi 9.22

Do you have any comments on this?

Cheers,

Frank

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Frank,

I hope you are doing very well.

I cannot find any reference for NNMi in the release notes document for HP Operations Agent 12:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01869962

Also, I cannot find references for NNMi 10 in the user guide for HP Operations Agent 12:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01869964

No luck with the Reference Guide for HP Operations Agent 12 too:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01869959

The fact that NNMi 10 does not appear in the latest SUMA means that the integration/co-existence has not been tested yet and it is not officially supported.

You could install both products, but we cannot guarantee that issues will not show up.

"Regards,

Alejandro García Rodríguez
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation."

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the reply, Alejandro, and thanks for checking those.

I seems that the different software groups/departments in HP live on separate planets sometimes.. Considering the fact that NNMi 10.x has been out for over a year, it is very surprising that a new HPOM agent version is released where they just pretend that NNMi 10.x does not exist 😞

Cheers,

Frank

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Frank ,

In fact HP OA are supported by platform/OS not by product.
so you won't fine any HP OA for NNMi.

1) On what platform/OS (uanme -a, /etc/system-release) runs NNMi 10 ?

if this is Linux (RHEL 6) OA 12.0x is supported.

2) with what product (OMW, OMU, OMi) do you want this agent to report to ?

If the product is OMU 9.x read this document for integration by OA

KM00830095 NNMi 10.00 HP OM integration guide

If the product is OMi 10.01

KM00830093 NNMi 10.00 Integration Guide: HP BSM

KM01539243 OMi 10.01 Integrations Guide (page 122)

regards,

Pierrick

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.