Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help about HP OM Notifications

Hi everyone,

I have some user groups for specific tasks, ex: Windows-Admin, Unix-Admin, Database-Admin.

And i need a solution that helps me to notify these user goups by e-mail in case of alert occurs. I mean an e-mail will send to appropriate user, ex Windows-Admin in case of Windows node's alert occurs in HPOM

Any ideas?

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For example you can create a script that parses the operator (or other message attributes) and sends email to the appropriate address. Then add that script as a "Notification Service" in OMU. The policies need the notification flag.

For more info see HPOM Administrator's Reference, Chapter 6: Notification Services and

Trouble-Ticket Systems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation: Forum Site Map // ye olde ITRC Tree
@HP: please get rid of the Passport login timeout
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello

If you are using OM-Windows management server then you can do this using the FwdMsgAsEmail policy. Check the documentation for this policy and how you can set it up.

This is a WMI policy where you can create appropriate rules. For example you can setup rule where messages from particular node (or node group) will trigger an email to specific set of users. You can setup rules at appropriate granularity as well so only speicifc messages from the node will trigger email out.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ram

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.