Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Node configuration editor error

Hi all,

I have here OMW 9 with patches OMW_00148, OMW_00150 , the SQL and the PM installed on the same machine with the OMW

the agent is 11.10 on the OMW server.

I tried to open the node configuration editor to manage nodes by the OMW but i face the below errors:

"license check: error retrieving the license information form the server"

the details messages "the server process could not be stared because the configuration identity is incorrect. Check the user name and password"

and if you click OK, another error appears as below:

"unable to create configuration dialog box, please check the network connection"

do any one have a clue to solve this issue, as I am not able to add any servers.

Note that this is a fresh installation for the OMW 9.

Solution are appreciated.

BR,

Mohamed

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Mohamed,

I would be tempted to stop and start the OMW services and WMI or reboot the server and see if the problem continues.

If you prefer to stop the services rather than rebooting then I would recommend the following commands:

vpstat -3 -r disable

net stop winmgmt

net start winmgmt

vpstat -3 -r enable

Now try and open the console and node editor once again.

Best regards,

Colin

Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Unfortunately the problem still exists .

I tried your steps and the problem still there.

I even tried to restart the server with no hope.

Do you have  any other suggestions

thanks

Mohamed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Mohamed,

Does the console open correctly and it is just the node editor which does not open?

if this is the case then I doubt it is a license issue like the error states otherwise the console would not open.

I suggest the following:

1. Start > Run > dcomcnfg

2. Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer -> DCOM Config -> OvOWELRemoteAccess, Click Properties -> Identity Tab

3. Check that the  user  entered here (3rd option "This user.") is the HP-OVE-User account which was created for OMW.

4. Now select the Security tab

5. Check that the groups "HP-OVE-ADMINS" and "HP-OVE-OPERATORS" are listed and have all permissions granted
     for both of the sections "Launch and Activation Permissions" and "Access Permissions"

If you changed anything, close the console, kill the OvOWELRemoteAccess.exe process in task manager and then restart the console and try again. 

If everything looks OK and you did not change anything then repeat the steps and this time in step 3 re-enter the password for the HP-OVE-User account and then close the console, kill the OvOWELRemoteAccess.exe process in task manager and then restart the console and try again.

Best regards,

Colin

Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.