Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

OBM 2020.05 - The schedulergw service is gone

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have performed an in-place upgrade to 2020.05 classic on Windows in our test environment recently (the upgrade process went everything but smoothly, unfortunately, but we got there in the end (after a few dirty hacs in the upgrade.vbs script)). After the upgrade, we realized that one service was missing on the GW-servers when compared to 2019.05, and I haven't seen any info. about this in the "What's new" section of the RN. 

The service is schedulergw. Due to our problems with the upgrade per se, we were a bit scared that this was not by design, but my impression now is that it is in fact so. The only info. I find regarding this service in the 2019.05 doc is what port it uses for JMX. This entry has been removed in the 2020.05 doc counterpart.

If someone else could just confirm that the schedulergw service does not longer exist on GW-servers, I would appreciate it. I am also curious, however, regarding exactly what kind of scheduling that service was resposible for, and which service that takes care of the same/similar scheduling on the GW-servers in 2020.05?

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Frank,

Yes, the schedulergw service has been removed in OBM 2020.05.
It was only used for one cleanup task which has now been moved to Marble.

Regards,
Thierry. 

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Fleet Admiral

Hello Frank,

I upgraded already my test environment and one customer test environment. both run this time smootly but first start at customer site took about 2 hours! They run really potent hardware under OMi but doesnt help really. cpu usage of ucmdb_server during startup varies but mostly low. No idea what will take that long.

The upgrade to 2019.11 was a pain for me, did it 3 times, dint work, involved MF Support, enabled debugging then worked.

So seems that depends on some luck.

My environment is linux. so what is the exact process name you are looking for. With ps -ef i can only find 2 scheduler processes. one of UCMDB, one that looks like this:

/opt/HP/BSM/JRE/bin/hpbsmd -Dcom.hp.management.jmxremote.port=11020.....

By the way we didnt start testing yet but found already a defect in policy editor HTML5 UI. 😞

Fleet Admiral

Hi,

I am glad to hear that it went smoothly. I suspect that the problem (at least parts of them) could be caused by "features" in the upgrade.vbs script when upgrading on Windows. It seems that this script has been extended quite a lot since 2019.05, and I assume that most of the changes are for the better. We will create a support case on this.

I'm not sure about the exact Java process details at the OS level, but I am talking about the OBM services being shown in the status application (or perhaps such an application dos not exist in a RHEL-env?). Basically the same that can be shown with opr-support-utils -listServices.

PS. I will now leave the office and not return until Monday.

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Frank,

Yes, the schedulergw service has been removed in OBM 2020.05.
It was only used for one cleanup task which has now been moved to Marble.

Regards,
Thierry. 

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Fleet Admiral

here we go:

# ./opr-support-utils.sh -listServices

Service Name = OPR-SCRIPTING-HOST
Process Name = hpbsm_opr-scripting-host
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 39
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:42:34
-------------------------------------

Service Name = OPR
Process Name = hpbsm_opr-backend
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 40
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:43:39

Service Name = businessImpact_service
Process Name = hpbsm_bizImpact
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 30
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:41:21

Service Name = bus
Process Name = hpbsm_bus
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 3
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:36:41

Service Name = marble_supervisor
Process Name = hpbsm_marble_supervisor
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 20
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:39:59

Service Name = wde
Process Name = hpbsm_wde
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 20
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:39:52

Service Name = mercuryAS
Process Name = Jboss
Process Status = STARTED
Execution Order = 6
Status Since = 05/29/2020 09:39:45

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Thanks, Andreas! No schedulergw service there either, it seems 🙂

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.