Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

OBM and Service Manager integration

Dear All

We have integrated OBM 2020.05 with SM 9.41 and facing problems when Service Manager incident is been updated/resolved/closed

When Service Manager Incident is updated/Resolved/closed, we are expecting it should put corresponding OBM event, which we see is not happening.

Had anyone completed this integration and if yes please can you share details.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Hi @ramesh9 

Do you mean when you update an incident in SM, this change is not reflected in OBM?

If yes, you can check the "Verify Connection" in SM Integration Manager and make sure that SM is able to communicate correctly with OBM.

Check the above and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Abdelwahab Mohamed

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey,

Make sure the forwarding rule is "Notify and update" and your connected server definition for the SM connection, make sure that "enable and sync control" is set.

CT.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dear

At present I am not using forwarding rule notification to create SM incident, I am creating incident using Transfer and Control menu item.

Transfer and Control in Connected servers is set to "Enable synchronize and transfer control"

As I said earlier when SM incident is closed, it closes OBM event, but when SM incident is set to Work in progress/Resolved, it is not updating corresponding OBM event.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.