UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

OBR-SA RAC data source

Attempting to configure OBR to retrieve data from a Server Automation data source. Going through the documentation, I am instructed to

Create New SA/NA Data Source.

Resulting window pops that allows me to select an Oracle RAC database, and after building a connection descriptor as per the example:

(DESCRIPTION =(FAILOVER = ON)(BALANCE = ON)(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = dbhost1)(PORT = PORTNO))(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = dbhost2)(PORT = PORTNO)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME = SERVICENAME)))

no matter what, it returns the error:

Please type a valid database instance.

If I swap the SERVICENAME for the Database Name, nothing changes, still throws the same error.

Am I missing something simple? Thanks,

--Chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Is it just me? Am I the only one trying to mine from an Oracle RAC database?

--Chris

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

SA-OBR integration does support ORACLE RAC and we have customers with this configuration. Based on past experience, I suggest that you try the following -

1. Confirm with DBA if the setup you are trying is actually an Oracle RAC. I have seen cases where it is actually a standalone ORACLE but the user was under the impression that it was an Oracle RAC.

2. Double-check with your DBA about the ORACLE parameters.

3. Try to add the data source as a standalone Oracle by providing details of only one node of the RAC and check if the connection is successful.

Let us know how it goes.

~~Sushobhan
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Oracle RAC is supported with SA-OBR integration, please go through the below section in content configuration guide on how to configure SA data source in OBR for Oracle RAC

Pre-registeringadataminerforSAasadatasource l SAOracledatabasestandaloneinstallation,below l SAOracledatabaseRACinstallation,onthenextpage l SA_Oracle_database_RAC_installation

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

1) It's RAC alright.

2) what paramers? The connect string? The OBR connect string is different than what we use internally, as the SCAN does not appear to be supported.

3) Did that already, and it's successful, but it's not useful: that negates the point in supporting RAC if it's single node only.

Do you have a working RAC connect string for OBR that I can look at?

--Chris

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

MC: the whole point in me posting is that I've gone through that guide, and it DOes Not Work. "Supported" and "functional" are two different things.

I've configured my connection descriptor the way the guide says, and it throws an error: "

Please type a valid database instance.". Which is fine, except that this is RAC and there's no place to PUT a valid database instance.

Do you have a known working connect string that i can look at?

--Chris
0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

as an update, the support case is making about as much success as this forum post.

--Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.