New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

OLI-OMi 10 Integration

Jump to solution

Hi All Experts,

I'm proposing OpsBridge solution to my customer, and we want to integrate OLI-OMi 10 for event integration. I'm spoken to SWConsult, they mentioned that there should be a "connector" with direct integration in between both products. However, I'm not able to find the mentioned connector in Self Solve or HPLN. Can anyone share on this?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

First of all, as I already mentioned this integration (no matter which direction) was developed for ArcSight Logger. Whether or not it works for OLI it's still a question. OLI is based on ArcSight Logger, so the integration may work indeed, but I bet it was never tested with OLI specifically.

As for integrations direction, i.e. OLI -> OMi or OMi -> OLI, there are both available (again for ArcSight Logger). But they are 2 totally different integrations and use different smart connectors on the OLI/Logger side. The one that you installed is for OMi -> OLI only, i.e. OLI will pull events from OMi via Web Services.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

There is no any OLI connector for OMi 10. That's why you cannot find it.

However, OLI is based on ArcSight Logger that has a dedicated smart conector for integration with OMi (you will also need BSMC to make the entire solution work). This is what you can try to use with OLI. The integration was developed for OMi 9.x though, so not sure if it will work OOB with OMi 10, or you may need to tweak something to make it work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Dimitry,

First of all, thank you very much for the previous reply. I happen to see that there is a BSMOMi_Webservices connector available to integrate HP OLI and HP OMi. I'm following the steps in the guide, however, I'm seeing error when I wanted to setup the agent. Wondering if you have any idea on this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Nope, I have no ideas on the errors.

Actually my reply was about OLI to OMi integration.

But you seem to be doing quite the opposite - OMi to OLI integration.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Dimitry,

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong. I've understand this from HP SWConsult that the respective integration in between OLI and OMI is event bidirectional integration. The smartconnector is to be installed in OLI server to send event/alarm to OMi. Is that right? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

First of all, as I already mentioned this integration (no matter which direction) was developed for ArcSight Logger. Whether or not it works for OLI it's still a question. OLI is based on ArcSight Logger, so the integration may work indeed, but I bet it was never tested with OLI specifically.

As for integrations direction, i.e. OLI -> OMi or OMi -> OLI, there are both available (again for ArcSight Logger). But they are 2 totally different integrations and use different smart connectors on the OLI/Logger side. The one that you installed is for OMi -> OLI only, i.e. OLI will pull events from OMi via Web Services.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you very much for the information that you had provided. I've search further based on the information that you had given in the last reply and I've setup another connector so that OLI is able to forward event to OMi. I read it in the guide that I will need Arcsight SNMP interceptor policy and it states that I should be able to download it from the source that I've downloaded Logger. I don't find this piece of information in HPLN (I downloaded the logger from HPLN). Any idea where about can I get this?

THank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Try to find it here (you will need to create an account first to be able to login): http://protect724.hp.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I couldn't find the policy there. However, I found another solution that was given by Pat in another post.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/ArcSight-Logger-events-not-arriving-at-BSM-OMi/td-p/6387691

Once again, thank you very much for the assistance given.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.