Highlighted
New Member.

OM action running on which server

Hi,

I have created an action on OM in BSM9, But I don't know clearly where the script running of the action? Does it run in GW server? If the gw server is in a different zone with our daily work,  I think the script will be failed because it could not connect the the right server.

For example, BSM running the zone A, and the servers we monitored are running in zone B. If I running the action, I'm afraid it could not pass through the firewall of gateway between zone A and B.

What could I do for this?

Thanks a lot,

Yong

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Manually Triggered Actions runs on Gateway. If a script has been created and is getting executed automatically then it is executed on DPS.

You have to specify the timzone of the BSM for the action that has to run on the other zone. Ex: If you are running BSM on EST and you are monitoring a system in PST then you need to set the time of EST such that the script executes on the PST. Ex: PST 8AM then the script hasto run 10AM EST.

Regards,

Nagendra Swamy. P

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.