Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

OMI gateways stop processing downstream events

At a bit of a loss at to why this has started happening but our OMi solution has completely died 4 times in the last month but prior to that it's had no issue since it was installed almost a year ago.

We are running OMi v10.60 on Windows 2012 R2 servers.

We have 2 Gateway servers and 1 data processing (SQL servers sits on another VM)

OMi itself is nothing more than a presentation layer, we have feeds from 2 OML and an OMW MOM server sending their events into it for glass watching and API processing.

Looking at the gateway servers I can see the following in the opr-gateway log:-

ERROR msghandler.processcall(176) - JMSException when trying to submit event via JMS bus.: Failed to send events -- AMQ119014: Timed out after waiting 30,000ms for response when sending packet 43 -- AMQ199014: Timed out after waiting 30,000ms for response when sending packet 43

ERROR msghander.processcall(190) - Read in new message Exception. Call: PUT /com.hp.ov.opc.msgr/rpc HTTP/1.1cache-control: no-cache

Then there are a series of SOAP messages followd by a JMSexception failure. Failed to send OM event updates --transaction was rolled back.,

Then all the downstream connection get severed:-

EventSyncThread.destroy(210) - Stopping eventsyncthread....

I can't seem to get it working without doing a full restart of the solution which takes a long time.

And even then it's not guaranteed to work.

Has anyone seen this before? I've got a support ticket open but at the moment the whole solution is down and I don't believe there is anyone available for weekends......

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi

Let me know answers to below queries,

1.  How much events come to OMI per second or every 5 minutes, please install OMI contrib pack and check this.
2.  Are there any message storm coming from few monitored servers often, can be checked by filtering OMI events using keyword "Storm"

We also had this issue and we saw there were more than 5000 events coming from certain servers and we limited and it is fine with our environment.

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi CB,

AMQ119014 with Packet 43 is very common error, this may occur because of many reasons.

It happens because someone is trying to make multiple connection at a time

Did you had any IP change in your Env? --> Make host entries of all servers (connected with OBM including with OBM) in Host files of OBM and Connected servers

Also, try to tune Java Heap size for OBM servers

Thanks,

Sahil Gupta

Regards,
Sahil Gupta
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Morning,

We managed to correct this issue by stopping the Gateways, then the DP server and then removing everything inside the <OMi Home>\bus area of the DP server using the following commands:-

opr-support-utils.bat -bus -getserver

opr-support-utils.bat -bus -resetserver

Then a restart of ovc on the DP, then the Gateways followed by a start-up of the environment.

This brought everything back on-line alsmot immediately.

I have to say at this point OMi is one of the worst products I have ever used and I've used plenty of monitoring tools.

Thanks for the replies!

CB

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.