Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OML9.10 RHEL Cluster - nodes buffer message when cluster is switched

Hi Team,

I have a weired issue going on.

we have OML9.10 on RHEL 5.6 cluster.

We have ov-server package on NODE1 and ov-oracle package on NODE2.

The application runs fine as per above set-up. When we move the ov-server package to NODE2, the application is up and runs fine but the managed nodes are buffering messages, no messages arrive to management server.

Once I switch back the ov-server package from NODE2 to NODE1 everything runs fine, all the messages from the node are seen.

has anyone come acroos such a kind of weired issue, if yes please help me in getting the issue resolved. We are about to move the server to production in a week and just found out this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

DVN

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have a look at the document High Availability Through Server Pooling on to check if OML and your agents are correctly configured.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation: Forum Site Map // ye olde ITRC Tree
@HP: please get rid of the Passport login timeout
0 Likes

Does the nodename referenced in the buffering reference the OM Package hostname?

Does this name resolve to the relocatable package IP Address?

Check your nodes and make sure they expect the Management Server to be on the relocatable address associated with the package.

If they are looking for the Management Server on Node1 then they will need to be reconfigured to associate the Management server with the package address.

Regards,

Norm

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.