Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OMW 8.10 DBSPI and EXCHANGE SPI install from DVD.

Jump to solution
Hello,
We need to install DBSPI and Exchange SPI, we download latest OMW SPI DVD (Software_OMW_Smart_Plug_ins_2009_B7490_15335, we tried previous dvd version before) and installation woks fine, but there isn't any policie in server management console for Exchange and SQL Server, altought we choose them during install. We found that installation works because instrumentation appears in directory \Data\shared\Instrumentation\Categories, but we can not distribute these new installed instrumentatios too.

Many Thanks In Advance,
JRU
Labels (1)
0 Likes
27 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Could you please show me your roadmap to that version?, Did you start from 8.10?

Many Thanks for Your Help,

P.D. HP Support have told me to install SPIs from 2007 DVD version and I can't find these sources. I have asked them for a download link.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
I started with OMW 8.10
then applied the following patches:
1- OMW_0058 --> upgrade OMW to 8.18
2- OMW_0044 --> upgrade Windows Agent to 8.60
3- Deploy the agent on OMW server.
4- Install the SPI.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Can't apply patch 0044 because it's says it is already superseeded on 0058. So it's just necesary to update OMW server agent, isn't it??

Many Thanks for Your Help.
JRU
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
OMW_0044 is for agent upgrade to 8.60 on Windows OS
but OMW_0058 is for Management /Console upgrade.

so, make sure the agent version on OM server is 8.60.006

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
These seems to confuse me... I have installed patch 58 on server (which should include patch 44 for agente, does it??) but when I tried to upgrade server's agent, it updates again to version A.8.52.6. Am i doing something wrong??

Can't update agent on OMW server.

Reagrds and Many Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..
hi,

you can upgrade the agent on the OMW server by making ( right click on the OMW server node from the OMW console >>> all tasks >>> reinstall/upgrade and then chose packages or All)

it is better to patch the whole system as this solve most of the problems.

thanks
Abdou
Highlighted
Absent Member..
see the installation instruction for OMW_0058 in the link below:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_OMW_00058

see the installation instruction for OMW_0044 in the link below:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_OMW_00044

and send me the System.txt
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
I had this exact problem, and the culprit was user permissions.

Are you installing the SPI with the same user you installed OMW?

Eg. installing the SPI with a local administrator account will rise the issues you are experiencing: install seems to work fine but policy groups are not created.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,
I have used same user for both installations. Now I am trying to upgrade OMW and OMW Agent to latest versions to see if these solve the problem...

Many Thanks,
JRU
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
well done.
assigning points is appreciated
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I would like to assign points when problem is solved (I think that your answer will solve this, at least that what I hope!!!). But now I am having with agent update.

Many Thanks,
JRU
P.D.: I would like to assign you 10 points if this solution solve my problem, but I must try.
Don't you think so?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
What is the member point system?
Member status is established using a points-based feedback mechanism. Authors of original questions "grade" (on a Scale from 1-10) other members who reply to their questions. The higher the grade the more effective the response was in solving the question. This feature is HP's way of turning the reward mechanism over to the community. Each response to a question is eligible to receive feedback for its success in solving the user's problems.

I've read the replies to my question and I see "unassigned" next to each reply. What does that mean?
If you were to login, the term "unassigned" would turn into a dropdown menu of points. The points are used to rate the repliers to your question. Points range from 1-10. Every reply deserves recognition. Another member has taken the time to try and help you, so please take the time to assign them a point value based on the value of their reply. See "How Do I Assign Points".

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?admit=109447626+1265042637615+28353475#28
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.