Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OMW 9. Error in deploying any policy to any node.

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have OMW 9 with latest patches.

Also I have a nymber of managed nodes with OA 11.14 installed on all nodes.

Everyting was fine until I tried to install Performance manager 4 on the same system with OMW.

Installation was unsuccessful and after deinstallation process I unable to deploy any policy on any node.

All agents work fine, communication between OM and OA on managed nodes is also fine (I can Sync inventory and deploy instrumentation).

But when I try to deploy policy, I get error:

(PMD1290) Could not open file '4DC65790-72FA-4233-A07D-A0CFACC233DA_header.xml' for writing.

To be sure, I create new clean policy and tried to deploy it with the same error.

I also create permission for Everyone with full access to C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\Policies and 

C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\datafiles\policies\msgi

Dont know, what permission for writing do OM need ....

Any suggestion?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

After I set 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP OpenView\ShareDir 

variable, OMW00161 patch installed successfuly. Also I can deploy policies.

It seemd that PM deinstall process delere this registry entry.

I know, that some other problems possible, but I really know what will say me HP Support ...

Your problem solved? Ok, I will close case ... 

New possible problems?

What problems do you have right now?

You have no?

Oh! When you get one, create new case ....

Stupid customer))

Thankss

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the same problem from morning. I have raised a case with HP for this will keep you updated once I hear back.

0 Likes
Absent Member..
I also raised it to HP, but they are not very quick. Could you say, when your problem start? What did you do also some software installation fails?
0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Hi, you mention PM4. what is this? It must be a very old software, if it is OV Performance Manager 4.0.

0 Likes
Absent Member..
Sorry, I mind PM 9.20

Update. it seems that my problem connected to OVSHAREDIR directory. Because of I have also problem with patch OMW_00161 installation, that tell "Failed to obtain OVSHAREDIR - aborting." And, as I know, Policy deployment start from OvShareDir also. But I dont know. what wrong with this directory or Env Variable.
I tried to login under HP_OVE_Deleg User and this account have full access to this dir and it can use OvShareDir variable.
0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable
Seems you snafu'ed your setup. please log a support case so that someone can look into your setup and see how to recover it.

Amarnath_BAC, did you also install the patch - and this led to the same problem?
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Sorry, what is snafu'ed?
One moment, I didnt install patch.
Problem start after fail of PM installation. Fail of PM installation, as I think, start problem with patch installation. I cant start patch installation right now. because of "Failed to obtain OVSHAREDIR - aborting."
0 Likes
Absent Member..

here is PM installation error

and patch install error

After I uninstall PM from OM host, all my problem  with deployment and patch installation starts.

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable
Thanks this helps.
It seems that the PM 9.20 installation and subsequent uninstallation created a problem - not sure why. i am sure these are tested in the lab.

did you get any install and deinstall logs which give an indication of the issue?
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Do you know, where PM install and deinstall logs located?
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Update.

I have this error on oainstall:

C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\bin\win64\OpC\install>cscript oainstall.vbs
-inv -listall
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

ERROR: Could not determine OV Share dir, OVO might not be installed

C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\bin\win64\OpC\install>

It seems that I just need to find, where do I need to put path to share DIR.

Any suggestion Where?
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Update.

I find, that im oainstall.vbs OvShareDir iit is:

OvShareDir = OvCslGetRegistryValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP OpenView\ShareDir")

But in registry I dont have this Var.

After I add this var, oainstall.vbs is work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.