Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OMW 9. Error in deploying any policy to any node.

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have OMW 9 with latest patches.

Also I have a nymber of managed nodes with OA 11.14 installed on all nodes.

Everyting was fine until I tried to install Performance manager 4 on the same system with OMW.

Installation was unsuccessful and after deinstallation process I unable to deploy any policy on any node.

All agents work fine, communication between OM and OA on managed nodes is also fine (I can Sync inventory and deploy instrumentation).

But when I try to deploy policy, I get error:

(PMD1290) Could not open file '4DC65790-72FA-4233-A07D-A0CFACC233DA_header.xml' for writing.

To be sure, I create new clean policy and tried to deploy it with the same error.

I also create permission for Everyone with full access to C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\Policies and 

C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\datafiles\policies\msgi

Dont know, what permission for writing do OM need ....

Any suggestion?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
19 Replies
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Sperr0w, I am not sure why you have lost your Shared folder. Now the functions/commands you are trying will not work, since there is a big dependency on the OvShareDir.

someone needs to look at your setup, and this better be HP support.

So for now, i suggest going the support way.

- RamD

0 Likes
Absent Member..

After I set 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP OpenView\ShareDir 

variable, OMW00161 patch installed successfuly. Also I can deploy policies.

It seemd that PM deinstall process delere this registry entry.

I know, that some other problems possible, but I really know what will say me HP Support ...

Your problem solved? Ok, I will close case ... 

New possible problems?

What problems do you have right now?

You have no?

Oh! When you get one, create new case ....

Stupid customer))

Thankss

View solution in original post

Account_Closed
Not applicable

sperr0w, sorry about this.

i will check if this issue arises with pm9.20 uninstallation on a test machine, will log a CR if i can reproduce the issue.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sperr0w - Kudo given for your comment "Stupid Customer". This is what they think whereas......... 🙂

-KAKA-

0 Likes
Absent Member..

ye ))

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

folks, I have checked with the lab, and we have confirmation that PM 9.20 does not remove the OvShareDir registry key on uninstallation from a OMW server.

So i feel there is probably something else that went wrong here. it would be best to let support handle this. let me know the support case id so i can also jump in to have a look - assuming we are all in a closer timezone.

hth

- ramd

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi sperr0w,

Please find the location of the install and the uninstall logs : %temp%/HPOvInstaller . 

In the above mentioned location you will be able to search for the install and uninstall logs for all the PM (major) versions installed in the machine .

Best Regards,

Abhisek M.

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

This is confirmed as an issue in the OVPM 9.20 (Windows) product installer when installing on OM Windows.

Sorry about this.

Please use the workaround by Sperr0w, also mentioned at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Systems-Management-OpenView-OP/Performance-Manager-9-20-on-OMW-9-Server/m-p/6577486 for now.

"It seems that the OvShareDir setting in the registry settings gets corrupted when PM 9.20 is installed.

This is 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP OpenView\ShareDir

Please set the OvShareDir setting manually to the right folder - <OvDataDir>\Shared folder.

Then reboot your system - pl check if the problem persists."

The lab is working on a fix for this.

- RamD

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.