(OMW) Support Tip: Shrink transaction log of Openview database
In case the transaction log file of the Openview database has been increased to a very large size. We can reduce the size of the log file by shrinking the log file as following:
1) Backup the OpenView database online incase of any failure:
you can get detail from online help: “Back up the HPOM database” and “Restore the HPOM Database”
2) disable/stop the services:
vpstat -3 –r disable
3) shrink the transaction log:
osql -E -S <sql server> -dopenview
- BACKUP LOG openview TO DISK = '<BackupFile>'
<BackupFile> is a placeholder for the full path of the backup file.
- DBCC SHRINKFILE (Openview_log, <target size of the log>)
For detail, please see:
4) restart the services:
vpstat -3 –r enable
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.