UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

OMi 10.01 Monitoring Automation: Deploy SiS Templates not visible in SiS GUI

Jump to solution

Dear experts

We are trying to setup monitoring automation using sitescope templates. We created templates, imported them in OMi 10 and deyployed on another Sitescope.

Using a Sitescope Proxy Rule we define based on CIT which Sitescope-Server to choose
(Win-Nodes -> Windows Sitescopes, Unix -> Unix Sitescope).

Some days ago it was working pretty fine. But now only deployment for Unix Sitescope works.

I checked everything but I have no idea where to look now as everything seems to look ok:

- Sis-Templates are deployed on Sitescope on the agent (I see them using "ovpolicy -list").
- Connected-Server seems ok
- PrimaryDNSName is FQDN on SiS and target node,
- SIS has Monitored By Attribute (OM and SiteScope)

Any idea why they do not show up on Sitescope GUI for Windows Sitesceope (11.31)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Hi again
The logfile was the right point to look at.
After manually adding all folders in template group hierarchy and monitor group hierarchy a restart of "agent sisconfig" helped to solve the issue!

Seems that after manually deleting any folder, the whole template distribution doesn't work anymore.

Hope that helps someone else..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Do you see any errors in the $OvDataDir/log/system.0.en_US file on the SiteScope Windows server at the time you tried to deploy the template(s)?

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Dmitry

Thank you for your reply.
Indeed in the logfile there is some information related the template deployment but I couldn't find any usefull.
The only thing is that it complains about the policy container which was already deleted.
I tried to create the container group hierarchie in Sitescope manually but this did not help. I think it's more a warning and not really related to the problem.

I attached the logs. Hope you have another idea what I could check!

Thanky for you help!

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Hi again
The logfile was the right point to look at.
After manually adding all folders in template group hierarchy and monitor group hierarchy a restart of "agent sisconfig" helped to solve the issue!

Seems that after manually deleting any folder, the whole template distribution doesn't work anymore.

Hope that helps someone else..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.