Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

OMi 10.61 - Character decoding issue in User Name

Hi All!

We have OMi 10.61 (Build 014.003).

Just noticed that some special national (hungarian) characters like 'ő', 'Ő', 'ű', 'Ű' (included in standard ISO-8859-2 or UTF-8 sets) are replaced by question marks on the "User Name" field on the user management interface.

All these characters are displayed correctly when typing in the User Name field, but after saving user's properties, question marks can be seen instead of 'ő' and 'ű' characters.

Has anybody ever had a similar issue?

Thanks,
Endre

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Endre

I hope you are having a great day

According to online help we have only set of languages supported:

Language Preference in Web Browser

French French (France) [fr]
Spanish Spanish [es-ES]
German German [de-DE]
Russian Russian [ru-RU]
Japanese Japanese [ja]
Korean Korean [ko]
Simplified Chinese Chinese (China) [zh-cn]

Note: Using Hungarian collation is not supported. Check DB guide about DB settings

Kindly Regards,

Kevin Cascante

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member..
Member..

Hello Kevin,

I'm working with Endre on this issue.

According to my interpretation this section applies to the user interface, not to the user input fields.

Regardless of language preferences, OMi 9.26 and OMi 10.60 can display these characters correctly (and so does RTSM in any version tested so far, even in 10.61), so I suppose this character encoding/decoding problem affects last few OMi versions only.

While looking for the root cause, I could find that my user 'test_áÁéÉíÍöÖüÜóÓőŐúÚűŰ_test' has been converted to 'test_áÁéÉíÍöÖüÜóÓõÕúÚûÛ_test' in opr-webapp.log. Please note that letters with double acute have been replaced by other characters. That should not be normal behavior in 2018.

Since it was working in previous versions of OMi, I think support should handle it as a bug, not as an enhancement request.
What is your opinion about that?

Kind regards,
Daniel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.