Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

OMi 10.62 New installation : PostGres configuration Error

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I have installed New OMi software & trying to configure  the embedded postgres database on the  DPS server using config wizard , but its not able to create the database with the error:

Failed getting a private connection

Failed to create a Connection for: dbType=(Postgresql); hostName=localhost; dbName=postgres; userName=postgres; server=localhost; port=5433: Connection to localhost:5433 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

I have checked the  path : %OvDataDir%\databases , there is no omidatabase  created on the given path , please suggest am missing something form the configuration perspective , How this can be corrected ?

Regards,

Ashish 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Issue is resolved now , my password has special character , after removal of that , it is working fine

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

did you checked that postresDB is up and running?

Config Wizard fail if PostgresDB isnt running

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postgres database is not created itself  , hence that can't be checked

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Issue is resolved now , my password has special character , after removal of that , it is working fine

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.