Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OMi 10.x to APM integration: Unable to apply filter to the APM UI components in OMi 10.x

hello board

we have an integration between OMi 10.x and APM/BSM 9.25. all APM UI componentes (for example "Drilldown: Application Health ..., Drilldown Application Summary) are available as component in the OMi 10.x workspace. we can select them and add them.

once they are added you need to select the application (Business Application) for which you would like to display the data. pretty similar to BSM. so i would like to choose the application for which i would like to display the data in the APM component. but i can not find any option on how to do that. now i have come across the following line in the integration guide (page 26):

It is not possibletoapply afiltertotheuserinterfacecomponents from APM that aredisplayedinOMi.

so basically this means i can use the APM components in the workspaces in OMi, but i can not filter anything. hence they are useless because they require a filter.

any comments from your side?

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

you need to use another component on your MyBSM page which will then trigger CI change notification when someone will click on business application.

try Watchlist or TopView which will have those BAs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

hello asaf

for some reason i can not get this working. i have created a new OMi 10 workspace with a Watch List and a View Explorer component as well as a APM componente (for example Application Health Performance). For these i have checked the wiring and it looks fine meaning i have CI Change enabled between the components.

the first time i select a business application CI in the either the watch list or the view explorer i can see a loading bar flashing up in the APM component very briefly. but no data is being displayed even though i have checked on the APM system that the data is available in profile DB.

from my understanding OMi should be fetching the data directly from the APM profile DB upon demand. so i am thinkin that somehow OMi is failing to do so. i have checked the logs on the OMi 10 system but could not find anything helpful.

can you maybe confirm you have seen this working on a system you have? meaing that the wiring will change the BA? this would mean it is down to our installation here and i would need to raise a support case here.

thanks and regards

Tibor

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I havent integrated my OMi10 with my APM system yet (hopefully next week i will find some time for this task), so i suggest you open Support case.

also, please confirm that the BA CI came from topology sync that OMi pulled from APM and that the CI has "source info" (i dont recall exactly the attribute name). using this attribute OMi knows which APM system to fetch the data from...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Correct. All BusinessApplication CI instances were synced via the topology sync from APM into OMi. I will follow up on the attribute you've been mentioning. I did not have the chance to check so far.

Maybe once you have worked on your environment, you can let me know if you're running into the same issue as we are dealing with.

Cheers, Tibor

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Tibor,

We are facing this same issue...Did you get to solve it?

Thanks and best regards,

Paulo 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Patching both sides (OMi and APM) will fix this for some components. For others there is not yet a fix available. I have also opened an ER for one of them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have this exact same issue. OMi 10.01, IP4 and BSM 9.26 (APM). This did not work with IP1, nor did it work with IP4. It has never worked.

The integration instructions were followed line by line, but I still get a certificate error during Step 2 of the APM integration, although bbctrustserver.bat was run bi-directionally, and bbcutil -ping <FQDN> and https://<FQDN> is successful.

Is there a log that I can put into verbose DEBUG, so I can see more of what's going on?

If someone has encountered this issue, and has managed to fix it, please share the procedure? Thanks!

UPDATE:

The wiring for CI Change is definitely there. Also, when I change the refresh interval in the APM component from the default of once per hour to once per 30 or 15 minutes, I get the new HP refresh icon spinning around for a couple of seconds, and then it just vanishes, still leaving the APM component blank.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Make sure that the InitString between APM and OMi is exactly the same. We have seen situations in which the string changes for some reason. If you want to debug the config server I believe the log responsible should be the opr-webapp. So debugging it might help. Did you test the bbcutil with bbcutil –ping –ovrg server? This is the correct format.   

BR,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.