Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OMi / BSM Connector: Event suppression based on time frame

hi all

i need to suppress certain events coming into OMi from BSM Connector based on the timeframe they are received. So all events received between 5:00 AM and 5:10 AM with a certain string should be suppressed.

i have looked at the BSM Connector policy but could not find any way to do this in the policy. After that i have checked Event Suppression and Time-Based Event Automation im OMi but still cound not find anything useful.

Does anybody have a tip for me please if this is possible with anything other than implementing a custom EPI rule?

Thanks

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This should be possible using a Time Based event rule. See the picture attached.

good luck,

PatW

Highlighted
Absent Member..

hello Pat

thanks a lot for your reply.

unfortunatly this is not quite what i am looking for. this filter option won't allow me to create a filter which works every day from 05:00 to 05:10. it will create a time range from a set date and time to another date and time. but i have not seen any possibility to create a reoccuring pattern on a daily base.

any thoughts on that?

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There isn't a method yet to create reoccurring patterns in either event time or suppression rules (or at least i don't know about it)

So you can set the end date very far in the future (like 2032, when we're already retired 🙂

PatW
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi

Did you get this working in the end? Did anyone test PatW's suggestion? I would have thought events would be suppressed based on date+time rather than just time over a range of dates?

Cheers

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

in the end i have created an event supression rule. this rule is based on an advanced filter which can use regular expression. So during this time all events matching the filter will automatically be supressed. please note that you will not see these events as closed events though.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

HI Tibornad, Please let me know how did you manage to events based on the time frame. I need to do similar things in our environment. Regards, Sumant Kulkarni
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.