Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

OMi- SHR Node group

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I have integrated OMi- SHR and I am not able to find all the node groups in SHR. I have created some views in RTSM and some node groups none of them are listing. I tried to follow the custom view utility PDF and still not able to see the groups in SHR.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My guess is that you have created the CustomView folder at the wrong level.  You have C:\HP-SHR\PMDB\CustomView.  The documentation says it should be at C:\HP-SHR\CustomView.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I assume you are referring to the CustomViewUtility.pdf and ZIP file found at https://hpln.hp.com/node/14127/contentfiles/?dir=16931.  If so, do you see the new groups in the Sybase IQ table K_Group?  If not, you need to go back and check the ETL steps.  However if you do see the groups in the K_Group table, you need to check the Report/Universe steps.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class
Hi Nick,

Yes, I am referring to the custom view utility. Even after following the procedure mentioned also i am still not able to view the omi node groups in SHR.

Kindly advise and thanks for your help
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you see the groups in K_Group?

If not, do you see them in the Postgres management database table dict_view, dict_ci_type, and dict_file_alias?

If not, then something must have gone wrong when running the "customview_extract.bat -domainName OMi" command. You might want to try running it again carefully checking the command line arguements.

Cadet 2nd Class
I see only the default groups and all my nodes are listed under sm_pa group.. Could you please tell me where you are referring to k group? And is it mandatory to create rtsm view in omi to get this group reflected in shr. if you have any other document
Please advise. I am struggling to get this in omi

Thanks again
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Nick and Experts,

I get the below error when I tried to execute the command in SHR.  I copied the customview folder from HP live network, Please advise.

C:\HP-SHR\PMDB\CustomView>customview_extract.bat -domainName OMi -viewName NAME I CREATED IN OMi RTSM

Error: Could not find or load main class com.hp.bto.shr.customview.CustomViewAssociation

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

K_Group is a table in SHR's Sybase IQ database that stores information about groups.  With the method you are using to get the groups - then yes, these groups need to exist in the RTSM before you can see them in SHR.  However, if all you want to do is put nodes into different groups to make reporting on them easier, then see the defails in the SHR Administration Guide on configuring custom groups.  Also see https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01521013

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks Nick, The document is very helpful. However I dont want to create groups in SHR, I wanted to see the groups in SHR which i have created in OMi RTSM. Please advise! Thanks much! 

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My guess is that you have created the CustomView folder at the wrong level.  You have C:\HP-SHR\PMDB\CustomView.  The documentation says it should be at C:\HP-SHR\CustomView.

View solution in original post

Cadet 2nd Class

Nick,

Yes you are right. I have copied to the correct destination and now I see the xml's updated. I restarted the platform collection services and still could not able to see the node groups.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You need to give the topology collection time to run - by default it will only run once each day.  This needs to run to collect the group information from OMi.

Once the topology collection has run, you can check the results in the SHR K_Group table.

Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Nick,

I have set the topology to run 1hour and now I am able to see the groups in SHR. When I run the custom group which i created unfortunately no nodes are listed under that 😞  Should we wait more time and see?

Any thoughts.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.