Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

OMi: Write each new event in a text file using groovy!

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

OMi: 10.20

We have a requirement, we need to write each event in a log file (Customer application reads this log file and forwards the entries to their 3P application), can anybody assist me on this as I’m new to groovy?

Thanks in Advance.

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Customer requested to log only Open state events, so I went for EPI script instead of LogAdapter to do this job.

Thanks 

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OMi 10.20 doesn't exist yet. The latest product version released is 10.10.

You would need to read "Integrating External Event Processes Using Groovy Scripts" chapter from OMi Extensibility guide. Specifically "Sample Groovy Script: Logfile Adapter" section.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I hope that at least you have time to login to OMi where you can find the script yourself under

Administration > Setup and Maintenance > Connected Servers

click Manage Scripts button on the toolbar and select sample:LogfileAdapter script.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thanks, will look into.

If anybody has the script then please forward. I need to keep more than a way on this.

- Vidyasagar Machani -

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Customer requested to log only Open state events, so I went for EPI script instead of LogAdapter to do this job.

Thanks 

- Vidyasagar Machani -

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.