UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

OMi cannot retrieve instructions, run actions on OML

OML is configured as a connected server on OMi. Topology is synchronized and events are coming into OMi, but the Instruction tab shows error "Unable to retrieve instruction". I have tried different integration users, first my own "OMiUser", then "opc_adm. Both are able to test successfully on the Connected Servers setup. The bbcutil -ping is successful in both directions. Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hello,

I think you should check to reinitialize the event cache in OMi:

1) Go to http://<GW_URL>:29000
2) Open [JMX Console]
3) Locate [opr.console]
4) Select [BusinessLogicDelegateMBean]
5) Locate [void reinitIncidentCache()]
6) Click [Invoke]

As OMi cannot talk directly to OML, then you should have set up one-line-forwarding right from the beginning.
Moreover, you can check certificate issue in this communication

Regards,

Fleet Admiral

Intialized event cache, the instruction tab still fails.

What is one line forwarding?  Message forwarding from OML to OMi has been configured on OML.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

What version of OMi is this and are there instructions available in OM and instructions set in OMi at the same time?

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

OMi 10.61 on RHEL 7

The instructions are configured in the OML policy and can be viewed by right clicking the event in OML and selecting Instructions.  OML is configured in OMi as a Connected Server, and events are forwarded from OML to OMi.  When the Instruction tab in the OMi Event perspective is selected for a forwarded event, it displays "Could not retrieve instructions".

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Open the OML connected server entry in OMi and check connection on the Outgoing Connection tab. Make sure that all info on this tab is correct including integration user (opc_adm).

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

The Outgoing Connection information looks correct, the server fqdn, user (opc_adm), password and port.  Clicking Test Connection returns two success messages, BBC ping and Web service call.

I used the default port, 8444, is this correct?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

The instructions from OML can now be displayed in OMI after a hotfix for OML webservice .jar was provided by HPE support.

Now I can open a case to get the Tools fixed.  Maybe we can use OMi this year....

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.