Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OMi decrypt policy password

Hi,

I'm using ConfigFile policies which are read by C/C++ executables (windows services). In the policy I put String (password) type parameters. I need to decrypt them but can't find any documentation on this. Is there any lib I can link to, some utility I can call to decypt?

In the documentation I see mentions of a opcpwcrpt command (which by the way does no exist anywhere on the OMi server)...

# cat ./opt/OV/conf/CCC/CCCGroup/CCC.cfg

Passowrd UjDUAVJpp1y7OlD/HuNrfIUuS+d+A8AI

(the password is "password").

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a Java, perl, C++ API to decrypt? I suspect libOvParms.so has the required functionality, but I don't have a header to link against.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't use password parameters in ConfigFile policy without this functionality. While it is possible to use the perl API to request the value of the parameter, this is not quite what I need.

The config file will be read by a service on the managed node. The file contains pairs of:

username password

The service does not know that 'password' was in reality %%PASSWORD%% on the server side, so it can't ask for the value of the %%PASSWORD%% parameter.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.