Highlighted
Commander
Commander

OMi event information

Hi Experts,

We have HP OMi 10.01 IP2 installed on Windows 2012 R2 64 bit server.

We are in process of mapping the attributes from OMi to Service Manager.

I need to know if there is any way or any command which would give me a list of following things in HP OMi:

1. List of categories which appears in the event browser --> This is something which we have defined as a part of %%MessageGroup%%.

2. List of subcategories which appears in the event browser

3. List of application name which appears in the event browser.

These are all informations which we receive as a part of an event.

Please share the information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vishal Dhote

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I believe the easiest way to get the data is to simply run corresponding SQL queries against ALL_EVENTS table in the event schema/database:

select distinct(application) from all_events

select distinct(category) from all_events

select distinct(subcategory) from all_events

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a 2nd option: unpack the management pack + the content pack that contains the policies.

Download the PolicyReporter from here: https://hpln.hp.com/group/bsm-community-content (Downloads, OMi, Monitoring, Policy Reporter).

Run it with the options

-print -dir "<directory of extracted content pack>" -csv

Open the csv in Excel and hide all columns you don't need, remove duplicates and you have the list you want per MP.

This option is more work, but you might get more possible values.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.