OMi to OMi Event based Integration and reverse sync
We have integrated MOM BSM with Customer BSM. In customer BSM we have configured connected server and Event forwarding rules. Customer BSM is able to forward all the alerts and alert updates to MOM BSM. But,
1. We are not getting an alert updates from MOM BSM to customer BSM. Is there anything to be configured in MOM BSM end?
2. Is reverse update on alert status is available in BSM to BSM integration?
3. Is there any standard document to follow BSM OMi – BSM Omi Integration?
Thanks in advance.
Please check the following:
- bbcutil -ping is working from both OMi/BSM servers to the other
- In the Event Forwarding rule (Admin -> Operations Management -> Event Forwarding) you specific the Forward Type in the Target Servers settings. In case it is "Notify" you will only get new events. You should change it to "Synchronize" to also receive updates from the target system.
- In order to get events which are newly created on the target system you also need a forwarding rule (including the Connected Server) on the target system.
- This is also explained in the online help (just press "Help" in the Event Forwarding Rule settnig)
Appreciate your respose.
We are good with first 2 points.
We have a query in below Point.
"In order to get events which are newly created on the target system you also need a forwarding rule (including the Connected Server) on the target system."
In our sceniro any changes that are made on that event at MoM OMi have to be reflected in Customer OMi server. So, if we configure Customer OMi as a connected server in MoM OMi, will this reverse sync happen.
Is there any other configure change to be made in MoM OMi for reverse sync to happen.?