Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OVO 8.30 tablespace repair opcdbinst

Hi all!

Today durring OPC_2 tablespace  extension main datafile was corrupt, so tablespace now is not work. OVO work, but it cant open message browser. If I recreate tablespace and run opcdbinst -v, is this scrip will repair tables in the OPC_2 tablespace?

Also I need to be sure, that opcdbinst only create tables in OPC_2 tablespace and didnt any changes in other tablespaces. Is it right?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello there,

Running opcdbinst -v will reinitilaise the database. 

I would only run this command if you have a configuration download.  It's not possible to rebuilt just one table. 

The good news is that OPC_2 is where the active messages live:

SQL> select owner, table_name, tablespace_name
  2  from dba_tables where tablespace_name = 'OPC_2';

OWNER                          TABLE_NAME                      TABLESPACE_NAME
------------------------------ -------------------                       ------------------------------
OPC_OP                         OPC_MSG_TEXT                OPC_2
OPC_OP                         OPC_ANNO_TEXT             OPC_2
OPC_OP                         OPC_ORIG_MSG_TEXT   OPC_2
OPC_OP                         OPC_ANNOTATION            OPC_2

...so after taking a backup, you could try running opcdbint -act which will clear the active message tables.  Please review the opcdbinst(1M) man page for more information.  If this does not work, please recover from backup.

Thanks,

Duncan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.