Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

OVPM Data Backup for System OS Upgrade

Hi, 

How can I take OVPM DB backup and utilize it after a OS upgrade from RHEL 4.x to RHEL 6.x?

is there a verified method of retaining the historical data we possess?

Thank you, 
Avinasha

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi!

Is it the Performance Manager (PM) you are referring to? If yes, then you should know there is no DB attached to PM.

What version of PM you are referring? In any case this should be helpful: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM790898 

Cheers,

Priya

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thank you for your reply. How do I retain the data on OS upgradation. We have lost it in the previous upgrades and  willing to retain it.

The URL leads to an error 500 page. 

-Avinasha

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

As Priya mentioned there is no DB on OVPM. whenever you want to draw any graph on OVPM it contact agent and then retrieve the data from there. so upgrading OS of OVPM will server will not cause any data loss but if you are upgrading OS on those managed node(s) then yes you will have data loss.

Starting from OA 12 it usages SQLite. i never tried but probabaly you can backup DB before upgrade and restore it later.

HTH
-KAKA-

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

If you have Microfocus passport id, you can surely access the document, if not you can create a support case.

Cheers,

Priya

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thank you for your reply.

I'm talking about the nodes. The OS upgradation is on the nodes, and we are loosing data. Is there any document on how to backup this data?

-- Avinasha

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@Priyadarshini B 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.