Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

OpsBridge RTSM integration with Servicenow Discovery

Hi,

Currently we have HP Opsbridge intergated with HP uCMDB for CI's and my we are planning to replace HP uCMDB with Servicenow Discovery. Can anyone have done this in past, what will be impact on OpsBridge if CI's are coming from ServiceNow? How the CI's resolution will work in OpsBridge?

Regards,
hp4u
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello,

I think you mean you want to make the Population from ServiceNow. 

Please refer to the attached UCMDB Integration guide, from page 185 - Population from ServiceNow.

1. What will be impact on OpsBridge if CI's are coming from ServiceNow?

I think there is no impact. 

The population integration supports any CI and relationship that is available in ServiceNow.

2. How the CI's resolution will work in OpsBridge?

Please refer to the section on page 188 - Population Flow.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

We are planning to decommission uCMDB from our environment and use servicenow discovery?

Any idea how this will work?

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can decommission a standalone UCMDB, but RTSM (UCMDB instance within OMi) is there to stay. So you are still going to use the same integration (technically), but in this case you have to work with whatever RTSM/UCMDB version your OMi comes with. And if UCMDB provides some enhancements in certain areas you are interested in (ServiceNow integration in this case), you have to wait till some future OMi version will incorporate the version of UCMDB with such enhancements.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.