Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Performance Manager 9.20 on OMW 9 Server

Jump to solution

i have installed PM 9.20 on OMW 9 serever on 2008r2 sp1 OS

and it installed successsfully

but after reboot service OvEpMessageActionServer do not start.

Event Log shows several errors

(MS19) Error when starting up service. (MS428) Could not initialize NodeUpdateWriter ((ITF0E) Invalid OLEVERB structure ). (MS520) Failed to open node update queue. (MS136) IOvEpQueue::OpenInServerTempDir failed ((ITF0E) Invalid OLEVERB structure ).

if i change user under wich service run in event log i get this error

(MS1110) Error when starting up service. Unexpected failure during initialization of the server based flexible management ((NUL16389E) Unspecified error ). <null>

and follows error

Faulting application name: OvEpMsgActSrv.exe, version: 6.0.94.34, time stamp: 0x50f6e141
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000532d0
Faulting process id: 0xbd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbaca2fb29c97
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\HP\HP BTO Software\bin\win64\OvEpMsgActSrv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7466c2cb-26bd-11e4-a3d6-005056917095

P.S. This thread has been moved from Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum to OV Performance Management Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Account_Closed
Not applicable

It seems that the OvShareDir setting in the registry settings gets corrupted when PM 9.20 is installed.

this is 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP OpenView\ShareDir

Please set the OvShareDir setting manually to the right folder - <OvDataDir>\Shared folder.

Restart OMW services - that should fix your issue. 

Not required generally, but you could reboot your system if services still do not start.

The lab is aware of this issue and working on a fix. sorry about the inconvenience.

- RamD

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Absent Member..
Hello, I've had the same issue, after installing PM 9.20 on OMW 9, they both worked. But when rebooting server, then PM didn't run. Does any components of OM conflict with PM?
0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

It seems that the OvShareDir setting in the registry settings gets corrupted when PM 9.20 is installed.

this is 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\HP OpenView\ShareDir

Please set the OvShareDir setting manually to the right folder - <OvDataDir>\Shared folder.

Restart OMW services - that should fix your issue. 

Not required generally, but you could reboot your system if services still do not start.

The lab is aware of this issue and working on a fix. sorry about the inconvenience.

- RamD

View solution in original post

Absent Member..
thx
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Openview Experts,

Does anyone have a link for the Performance Manger 9.2.0 patch for OMW 9.0?  I can't find it..

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM01163117

Thanks,

Brandy

http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left 🙂
0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Hi Brandy, PM 9.20 is a full package release - not a patch. So look for wherever you would look for the full package.

www.hp.com/go/performancemanager offers the PM 9.20 download too - this is the full package with all functionality - look under trials and demos.

- ramd

Absent Member..

Thanks Ram!  I've downloaded the software..

http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left 🙂
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

I have successfully installed HPPM 9.20 on server 2012 standard edition.after installation complete i have launch the PM, it shows error accoured while processing the request.Please can any one advicing this issue its very helpfull.its very urgent.

I have attached the screenshoot of the error.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi, Have you tried to launch PM with FQDN or short name? Check if tomcat page opens up using- http://FQDN:8081 if yes, then verify if 'ovpm status' shows that PM is running? Cheers, Priya
0 Likes

Hi Priya,

Thanks for ur reply.I have tried to launch PM on FQDN.The tomcat page is not opening.Any advice regarding this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.