ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Possible configuration issue with BPM probe

Jump to solution

I'm having an unusual issue.

We have a monitoring environment, which has 3 probes at 3 different sites. Recently I had to reimage and reinstall one of the probes. Since then, one specific Web/HTTP protocol script will no longer run successfully from that site. It fails on the authentication transaction. This specific script still runs correctly from all other probes, and all other scripts still run successfully from this probe. I can remotely log into the probe and step through the transactions in the script using the same login ID's, etc. I have also been able to install Vugen on this probe and the script successfully runs from Vugen, just not from BPM.

I had a spare workstation available at one of my other sites that I'm able to successfully run the script from, so I installed the BPM software on it, and am having the same issue there. I'm certain that I've configured something wrong on both machines, but as far as I can tell, the configurations are identical, except for instance names, etc.

I suppose I should mention that I'm using BPM 9.03, build 170 with no patches on all machines.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Check to make sure you're running the BPM instance as the same user that you log into the box as, or as the same user that you are running the other BPMs as.  What user the instance runs as determines what environment variables and internet options get used by the script.

From what you've described, it sounds like the BPM instance is running as the default system user.

Eric Shaffer

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Absent Member..
I've tried running it as various users. Instance is running as default user on all boxes - ones that are working, as well as ones that are not. I've also tried the instance on the box specifically as my monitoring ID, which does work correctly when I run it manually, but it's not running it correctly.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I'd suggest you open a case with support.  This doesn't sound like something that is going to be resolvable without looking at logs and comparing configurations between BPMs.

Eric Shaffer

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Ya - I just did. Thanks. I was hoping this was a known issue that had an easy fix.
0 Likes
Absent Member..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.