Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Postgresql topology discovery is not working

Good afternoon,

I am trying to use OMi management Pack for postgresql, but after send the discovery policy "PostgreSQL_Discovery" to the node, the postgresql ICs was not created on OMi.

Ilook on "cat /var/opt/OV/log/monitors/PostgreSQL_Collector.log" and I can see:

2018-4-19 13:59 Starting collection
2018-4-19 13:59 Error code received: 1
2018-4-19 13:59 Finished collection

I try to run the command "/var/opt/OV/bin/instrumentation/monitorframeworkperl monitorframework.pl -production -topology PostgreSQL_Collector.pm" to find if ICs is decovered, but I does not receive any answare. This is the output of this command:

# /var/opt/OV/bin/instrumentation/monitorframeworkperl monitorframework.pl -production -topology PostgreSQL_Collector.pm
<Service>

</Service>

#

I have OMi installed on a virtual machine for test and whe I run this command I receive this result:

<Service>
<NewInstance ref="postgresql_postgres#5433">
  <Key>postgresql_postgres#5433</Key>
  <Std>DiscoveredElement</Std>
  <NodeGuid>dfcdsrvv3893</NodeGuid>
  <Attributes>
    <Attribute name="hpom_rootcontainer" value="host_node__dfcdsrvv3893" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_version" value="9.6" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_application_path" value="/opt/HP/BSM/pgsql" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_discovered_product_name" value="postgres#5433" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_name" value="postgres#5433" />
    <Attribute name="hpom_citype" value="postgresql" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_application_port" value="5433" datatype="integer"/>
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_vendor" value="PostgreSQL" />
  </Attributes>
</NewInstance>
<NewInstance ref="host_node__dfcdsrvv3893">
  <Key>host_node__dfcdsrvv3893</Key>
  <Std>DiscoveredElement</Std>
  <Attributes>
    <Attribute name="hpom_citype" value="unix" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_name" value="dfcdsrvv3893" />
    <Attribute name="ucmdb_primary_dns_name" value="dfcdsrvv3893" />
    <Attribute name="hpom_modifyexisting" value="false" />
  </Attributes>
</NewInstance>

</Service>

What could be happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello

Have you followed OMi_MP_for_Postpresql_user_guide to add the node and enable Enrichment rule ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Hello SeanSun ,

Thanks for your time. I followed the manual OMi_MP_for_Postgres_SQL_1_10_UserGuide.pdf , and set the task 2, deploy the configuration on task 3, but the topologi is not discovered. On PostgreSQL_Collector.log I only can see:

2018-4-24 16:26 Starting collection
2018-4-24 16:26 Error code received: 1
2018-4-24 16:26 Finished collection

Best Regards,
Alexandre Teixeira

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try running this command:

monitorframeworkperl monitorframework.pl -developer -topology PostgreSQL_Collector.pm

It will show any errors it encountered trying to search for the topology.  For example, if the postgres policies are not deployed or some problem with a perl script not finding where your postgres is.

CP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Hello Carol Park,

Thanks for your time.
When I run the command “/var/opt/OV/bin/instrumentation/monitorframeworkperl monitorframework.pl -developer -topology PostgreSQL_Collector.pm” and I receive this answer:

ERROR: PostgreSQL is not running on the managed node

I open the file “PostgreSQL_Collector.pm” and look for variable “$PGDAEMON” and it is set to “bin/postgres”
When I look on my PostgreSQL servers, all of then does not have have “bin/postgres” running. But I found the “bin/postmaster”. I change the variable “$PGDAEMON” to “bin/postmaster” and the file “PostgreSQL_Collector-topo.xml” was created with databases.

What is the right configuration “bin/postgres” or “bin/postmaster”? or I need to use another Management Pack?

Thanks a lot,
Alexandre.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Good to know you got it discovered ok.  Next will be to see if the monitoring is working after you assign/deploy the postgres aspects.

I think you will want to open a Support case about updating the Postgres MP to discover postmaster and not just postgres.

CP.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.