Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RESTful services with HP Service Test

Hi
I am trying to test RESTful services using Service Test 9.1. As soon as i give the url of the service it gives me a bunch of error messages?
Does the tool has support for testing RESTFul services? I could not find relevant material even in the help document
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Archana:

Typically when people say RESTful services, they mean XML over HTTP. If this is the case for you, then yes - you can do this with ST.

* Create a script (multi protocol: web+web services)
* Insert Web Custom Requests for the RESTful request. With the web custom request, you can specify the VERB needed for the HTTP request.
* Capture the response in a parameter
* use the XML validation capabilities to validate the response
* use regular parameterization to string together multiple calls if needed.

There is an example in the help files (though it may not be in 9.10). In the example, we demonstrate how to use ST to create RESTful requests against the Amazon Web Services examples.

Let us know if you were not able to find it or have more questions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have version 9.1 and I need to test a REST service.I wanted to look at the amazon example but I guess it's not in version 9.1. Can you tell me where to download the latest version of service test? Or send me a document which can explain how to test REST service in HP Service Test?

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.