Ensign Ensign
Ensign

RHEL nodes logging "...Could not send IP package to management server" messages in System.txt

Hello everyone.

We're running OMW agent version 12.00.078 on many RHEL 5 servers.

Many of them are writting the following entry to System.txt every few minutes:

0: ERR: Tue May 31 15:37:55 2016: opcmsga (): [uxping.c:1539]: Could not send IP package to host with address <IP address of HPOMW 9 management server>.
No appropriate route statement.
(OpC20-1103)
Cannot contact node <FQDN of HPOMW 9 management server> via ping-module. (OpC30-54)

The management server is ping-able from these RHEL 5 nodes.

The management server name resolves properly from these RHEL 5 nodes so DNS is working fine.

From the management server perspective, we can communicate with the agent on these RHEL 5 nodes.

Tried setting OPC_IP_RESOLVE=<IP address of management server> on the RHEL 5 nodes but that did not help.

Has anyone else encountered these System.txt entries and if so, how did you fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Hello Tom,

I hope you’re having a great day,

My name is Adolfo Alvarado from OMW team and I have been assigned to assist your thread- Technical Question” RHEL nodes logging "...Could not send IP package to management server" messages in System.txt

I am investigating about your questions, actually I involved additional resources in the thread to provide an answer as soon as possible, I will contact you when the additional resources provide a response.

Any questions or doubts please let me know

Best Regards

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Tom,

We have researched this issue and have not found any known issues for this error with OA 12.

Therefore, in order to further troubleshoot this issue, please open a support case so that a trace of opcmsga can be captured to isolate what is causing this error.

Regards,
Stella

Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hello Stella and Adolfo.

As suggested, we opened case 5309575187 for this issue and asked that it be assigned to you both.

Please review the opcmsga trace data from one of our RHEL 5 nodes that has been uploaded to the case.

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.