Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

RUM 9.20: How to migrate the MySQL DB to new server?

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

We currently have HP BSM 9.20 Engine installed on a Windows 2003 Physical server, and plan to migrate it to a Windows 2008 R2 Virtual server. 

Below are the steps we're aware we need to complete to accomplist this -- however, we're not sure how to move the MySQL database (the session data) from the "old" server to the "new" server -- can you help?

---

1) Build a net new Windows 2008 R2 Virtual Machine (the "new" server)

2) Uninstall the RUM Engine on the "old" server and opt to save the configuration files

3) Copy configuration files obtained in step 2 to the "new" server

4) Install RUM on the "new" server, point to configuration files obtained in step 2 during the install

5) Shutdown the "old" server

6) Change name and IP of "new" server to be identical to that of the "old" server

How do we move the MySQL database?  When do we do it?  Are there any steps required following the move?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

At step 3 along with config files you also copy HPRUM_DATA directory to the new server (it's safer to use the same drive, e.g. D, that was used for RUM Engine and DB installation on the original server). Then you run regular RUM Engine installation and pick up the existing config files as well as the existing MySQL DB.

I'm not sure why you want to change name and IP of "new" server to be identical to that of the "old" server AFTER installation on the new server. It doesn't make much sense to me. I would definitely do it BEFORE running the installation. Of course, prior to doing it you need to shut down the old/original server to avoid any network conflicts over using existing hostname/IP.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

At step 3 along with config files you also copy HPRUM_DATA directory to the new server (it's safer to use the same drive, e.g. D, that was used for RUM Engine and DB installation on the original server). Then you run regular RUM Engine installation and pick up the existing config files as well as the existing MySQL DB.

I'm not sure why you want to change name and IP of "new" server to be identical to that of the "old" server AFTER installation on the new server. It doesn't make much sense to me. I would definitely do it BEFORE running the installation. Of course, prior to doing it you need to shut down the old/original server to avoid any network conflicts over using existing hostname/IP.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Thanks Dmitry -- will try that. I've also resequenced the "new" servers' name/ip change, thanks for catching that.

David.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.