Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

RUM : user name to location mapping

HI Team

We are having BSM in load balancer environment and connected with HP RUM client monitor .  We are monitoring mobile based applications through RUM .

Requirement is customer want to have location to be captured and currently one Lakh user mapping provided across locations . 

Will HP RUM support this to mapping of one lakh users ?

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Parkar,

I suppose "lakh users" means 100000 users.

RUM is discovering locations basing on Client IP through internal GeoMap library. So, 100000 should not be a problem.

In addition to Geo locations you can define your own locations (meaningful like Department, Office, building) and assign it to RUM EUG.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Parkar,

I was just adviced by clever people (thanks Asaf) that BSM has limitations on locations discovered from RUM (from BSM capacity calculator)

But i think that your 100000 user will hardly be in unique GeoLocations.

Best regards, Alexey

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.