Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Reconfigure Topology Settings in SiteScope Monitor

Hello,

I created a Sitescope Template that contains a URL monitor and Ping monitor. I first configured the URL Monitor to create a Business Application CI. The CI was created, but I later changed it to A running software CI. I noticed that the Running Software Cis are not being created. I was hoping that I could use the same monitors, but just change the Topology settings to a running software CI. Is there a way to send new topology using existing monitors or would I have to create new monitors? Note SiteScope is integrated with 2018.11 OBM.

Thanks,

Kia Saunders

SiteScope 2018.11

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello 

I understand your question, i was reviewing on our documentation and there is no an explicit limitation that not allow us to send a new topology with the existing monitors. 

So yes, you can send new topologies using the creted ones just you have to change the topology that you need by following this. 

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:2020.05/TopologyReportCustomMonitor

Select the CI type

In the APM Integration Data and Topology Settings section of Integration Settings, configure the topology reporting settings that define how SiteScope reports CIs to APM.

You can report the following types of CI topology data:

• User-defined CI type topology. In the CI type list, select a CI type and define the key attribute values for the selected CI type.

• Custom topology script. Select the Custom topology setting option, and create the topology script which defines how to report CIs to APM. Only select this option if you are familiar with the Jython language, because you must create the topology script in Jython yourself. For task details, see How to Configure Custom Topology for a Custom Monitor.

• If you do not want to report topology for the monitor, you can choose to report the monitor CI only. In the CI type list, select Default(None). This is the default setting.

Note if you do not want to report topology for a custom monitor, but you want to map its metrics to CIs with a custom CI hint and map metrics to indicators in the user interface, you must perform the following:

1. Select the Custom topology setting option.

2. In the Data Processing Script box, enter the following (empty) script:

from java.lang import *
      from java.util import *
      from appilog.common.system.types.vectors import ObjectStateHolderVector
      from appilog.common.system.types import ObjectStateHolder

def DiscoveryMain(Framework):
      OSHVResult = ObjectStateHolderVector()
      return OSHVResult
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.