Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Repetitive Alert trigger from SiteScope

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I am finding some challenge with SIS Alerting where i see repetitive alert are getting sent from these specific problematic monitors.

The normal alert is set to trigger for once in Condition

The Error alert is set to trigger once after 3 times.

But here i dont see error alert gets triggered, only Normal is getting triggered on each polling interval and getting duplicated at OMi side.

I have validated all monitor setting and everything looks OK. This is really suppressing to see this behavior.

Monitor setting and Dashboard result attached

Thanks,

MJ

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..
Thanks but the issue was from monitor setting itself.
"RunAlerts" Setting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

For alert on Good:
Make sure you use "Only alert if monitor was previously in ERROR at least X times". I guess you want X to be the same number as used in triggering ERROR.

In the screenshot of Monitor History it seems that there are only 2 instances of ERROR? Do you see 3 or more instances without alert triggered? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..
Thanks but the issue was from monitor setting itself.
"RunAlerts" Setting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.