Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Report on cpu utilization metrics

Forgive my ignorance with SiteScope, however I am trying to get the values that are defined for CPU utilization, and when that would go into a "warning" or "Critical" state.  Is there a way to pull this info? my sitescope engineer is telling me that SiteScope cannot produce a report in any manner where i could see what thresholds are set for CPU Utilization, and with the number of Servers we have, it could take "well over a month" to get that data manually, server by server.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jere557,

your questionn is a little bit unclear.
I am trying to get the values that are defined for CPU utilization,
and when that would go into a "warning" or "Critical" state

One is the metric returned by the CPU monitor "CPU Utilization", the other two are threshold definitons like
"WARNING if CPU Utilization > 80%"
"ERROR if CPU Utilization > 90%"

With
a report in any manner where i could see what thresholds are set for CPU Utilization
I guess this is what you are looking for:

SiteScope 11.91 on Windows
I have a SiteScopoe group "Windows Test systems" which contains my test systems and some standard monitors (CPU, Memory etc) with it.
So I now select that group, right mouse click -> Reports -> Monitor
in the new window click on the "Select columns" button and add Threshold to the list of columns
click SAVE on the bottom of the screen and then RUN

This results in such a report.
To make your live easier, simply select Export -> Excel
then open the file in Excel, delete (for example) the columns Group and Frequency (they are on the "must be included" list fo that report, so you cannot remove them prior to the report generation)
filter the row "Monitor Type" on "CPU Utilization"
et voila, you have a report with all CPU monitors and their threholds.

Estimated time for generating the report : 7 minutes 😉

Greetings
Siggi

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8_the_report.jpg

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks for the assistance! I'll forward this along and see if they can get us what we're after!! I was out of the office from Thursday - Monday so just getting back to this now.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.