Captain

SAN/NAS storage monitoring in OBM

Hello Folks,

Is it possible to  monitor SAN/NAS storage in OBM. If yes then how to configure

Thanks 

2 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Of course its possible. i create  at the moment a Dell Data Domain and Networker monitoring for a customer.

Its not difficult, but may be a bit complex as you need several points into attention. If you now how to create policies and do some scripting its not a difficult task, but also not done in 5 Minutes.

so as a hint, check if your  storage can send SNMP traps (mib2policy is your friend) or better use syslog to get the events to OBM.

What i do  at the moment is to active query the Data Domain for performance data and store them in the OA Agent for Dashboards and of course alarming, too. for this you need to do a bit of scripting. You can check if there a already scripts available for other monitoring tools and modify them for OBM.

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Thanks for share the details, can you please share me some example for SAN/NAS policy monitoring ?

Thanks

Dinesh 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.